Friday, June 3, 2011

June 3, 2011

Today has been a quiet day. It's M#1's last day of school. She was home by noon. M#2 has school on Monday and then her summer break will begin. My latest career move has been a bust, so I will be home with the girls while I try to look for another job. I am also going to look for a part-time job, as well. I can bring in some extra money and maybe I can get in the door of a company that will hire me full-time. A good friend of mine had a cook out today and invited me, but I didn't go. I should have gone, but the summer is young and I will have more chances. I just have had a lot of thinking to do about my future and my father's health (he's at the Mayo clinic). I don't want to write about too many serious things, but all my thoughts have led to a positive plan and I found out my Dad's course of action, as far as his health is not as envasive as originally thought. So, I smile. Tomorrow is a new day and I am choosing to make it a great one. I plan on working out and then going to the thrift shop to pick up some items I had on hold. I will take pics of my findings and post. There are many clothing and home items I want to sell, and I can bring them to this shop to sell on consignment or I can post on E-bay. I wonder what route would be the most profitable one. If anyone has any advice to give, please share.

Tonight, I am going to watch my latest Netflix delivery- Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work. No it's not a stand-up routine of her's. It's a documentary about her. I will have to write about it tomorrow and let everyone know how it was.

So, here's what makes me smile today:
1. Lime Cilantro Rice-I will  be making this tomorrow as a side for dinner. Want the recipe? Here you go:
Servings: 4 Size: 3/4 cup
Calories: 201.0 • Fat: 3.4 • Carbs: 37.4 • Fiber: 0 • Protein: 4.0 g
  • 1 cup extra long grain rice or basmati rice
  • 1/2 lime, juice of
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 3 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
  • 3 tsp vegetable oil
In a small heavy pot, add rice, water, 1 tsp oil and salt. Boil on high until most of the water evaporates. When the water just skims the top of the rice, reduce to low and cover about 15 minutes. Shut off flame and keep covered an additional 5 minute.

In a medium bowl, combine chopped cilantro, lime juice, rice and remaining oil and toss until completely mixed.

2. The place before I lived before the condo had some limestone as you walked up to my front door. I tried to buy a few pieces of limestone here and there, in the hopes of making my walkway look like this.

3. This is the attitude I choose to adopt as I move on in my career path.

4. The Morning Glorys on the house are so beautiful. I could see myself sitting on that bench, soaking in the blessings surrounding me.


5.
Dj Sir Charles. Makes me want to go downtown clubbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment