Wednesday, June 15, 2011

June 13, 2011

Today, I waited anxiously for M#2 to come home so I could take her shopping for some things for her Birthday. Lily, my sweet beagle, went outside and sat in the sun together waiting for her. When M#2 got home, she had many stories to tell about her fun day. I had a story to tell her, too. That I got that anxiously anticipated call for the 3rd interview for the job I have been vying for! This interview will be this Friday. At this point, I feel I pretty much have the job and now it's just going through the mandatory steps that need to be taken in order to hire me. FINALLY, I will be able to provide a better life again for my family!! I don't want to count my chickens before they're hatched, but I feel pretty confident again. Yipee!

M#2 and I went to the mall. We found the cutest sweatshirts on clearance at Carson Pirie Scott for $5 a piece! I also bought 2 pairs of shorts for M#2 there, as well. If M#1 was with us, she could have possibly gotten her prom dress for next yr. there. They had their prom dresses on clearance and there was this one that was totally her style and size on clearance for $45!!!! I almost bought it for her, but I know she would have been upset that she had no say so for her 1st prom dress. I should have taken a pic of it to show her and show all of you. When I discussed it w her, she said she did not want to get a dress now in the fear of changing her mind. Of course, this fear will cost me hundreds of dollars more, but teenagers don't think that way, of course.

When we went to pay for our 4 pieces, the lady that rang up our items asked me if I wanted to save 20% by applying for their credit card. I told her no bc I know I would get in trouble w it and I definately did not need that stress. She was so sweet though, bc she had a coupon that knocked our total bill from $52 to $38! Damn, I should have gotten that prom dress. It would of ended up being even cheaper! I looked at her name tag bc I wanted to call and compliment her to the store manager, but my bad memory w names foiled my plans again! Bummer! I have to check my receipt to see if her name or employee # is listed. I bought M#2 a really cute romper from Forever 21, as well. I plan on taking her to US Cellular to get her a new phone some other day this week, also. Some cruel boys stole her cell phone at school and threw the phone in one of the toilets, which someone found the next day. As the phone dried, it started to work better, but eventually went kapoot! Thank God the parties involved got suspended for their dispicable actions.

I will post pics later (see June 12th's post) of our goodies and what I wore that day.

Here are other things that made me smile that day:
1. This woman embodies the sophisticated style I wish to have most days. I adore the luxurious material of this dress.

2. Yum! Need I say more?

3. French Maid Barbie sketch by Robert Best. Want a framed one in my condo.

4. I know you can't tell, but this is a picture of Kings of Leon performing at Lollapalooza last yr. One of these days I will go. Maybe this yr...

5. The Antonio Treatment-I love Chewie. I love Atonio's crazy styles. He definately thinks out of the box!

6. The Wallflowers "One Headlight". Love the guitar at the end.

I leave all of you with this thought:
Give up trying and simply do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment