Tuesday, July 5, 2011

July 5, 2011

M#2 wanted to go to downtown Naperville with some of her friends. So, I drove them over to town and dropped them off in front of the Apple Store. I went home and one of M#2's friend's Mom was going to bring her back home. I have been having a problem lately with parents always expecting me to drop off and pick up for every play date, every sleepover and any other activity M#2 makes plans for. I have finally put my foot down and told M#2 that from now on, I am only driving one way and one of the parents would have to drive the other way or her plans are a no-go. I feel bad, but I feel sometimes that I am being taken advantage of and it bothers me. What do you guys think? Am I doing the right thing?

Enough of that. When M#2 came home she was all banged up. She fell while downtown and scraped her arm, leg and one of her toes. I felt so bad for her. I gave her a huge hug(probably a little harder than normal because of the death of Caylee Anthony, but I won't get into that). Lily tried to lick Marisa's war wounds, which was sweet, but we tried to get her to stop.

I continued my job search today and I am going to apply to some thrift stores in the area for part-time work. Just a little something would be helpful to us. Just as long as I don't spend what I earn in the store!

1. Headband-Sally's Beauty Supply.
2. Bracelet-My Aunt's. She passed away 2 years ago.
3. Navy Dress-Rampage
4. Black Top-Charlotte Russe
5. Gladiator Sandals-Jessica Simpson from Nordstrom.
2. Here is a close-up of my Aunt's bracelet. I feel lucky to have it.

3. One of my baby's boo-boos.

4. M#2 giving Lily a piggy back ride. Silly girls.

Here are other things that make me smile today:
1.Lace necklace from Etsy-Adrienne and Audrey

2. Would love this print in my hallway. What color and depth!


3. Rosie Hungtington Whitely

4. Makes me want to be on a yacht.
5. The Original.

5. Candlebox, "You"

I leave you with this tip today:
Take a 10-30 minute walk daily. And while you walk, smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment