Monday, May 23, 2011

M#2

Good evening everyone!

Tonight, I would like to introduce you to one of my daughters. I have 2 daughters and both of their names start with the letter M. Tonight I am referring to M#2. Most people refer to M#2 as my Mini-Me. She is in so many ways. When I introduce you to M#1, you will see she is NOT my mini-me. But, I adore the fact that I have 2 daughters who are so completely different. It enriches my daily Mom life in ways it wouldn't if they were alike. M#2 is vibrant and full of joy. I generally dislike when people say "That person is so full of life." because aren't we all? One thing that brings my heart pure bliss is hearing M#2 sing. She sings ALL THE TIME. As a matter of fact, I can hear her in the living room singing right at this moment. There are moments when my mind needs quiet and I wish she wasn't singing, but to me when I hear a child sing, to me it is a form of showing how happy they are inside of themselves. There are 2 things M#2's singing does for me. In some way, it validates me as a mother that I am providing a happy life and environment for her. The 2nd thing it does is remind me of my childhood. I remember spending many nights in my room singing. I remember singing at the age of 3, holding a microphone in my hand and dancing back and forth. At the age of 4 and 5, I knew every word to every Grease song. That was my High School Musical. Then a few years later, I went through my Annie phase and I knew every word to every song and bought the soundtrack to the Annie movie. I even went as far as to try out for the local theatrical performance of Annie, although I did not get a part. It didn't stop me from singing, though. I went on to memorizing "Mickey" and the cheerleading dance routine that was in the music video. And of course, I loved me some Michael Jackson "Thriller"! It's striking how one characteristic of someone's personality can live on in others. Wouldn't it be great when she has a daughter of her own, that she will sing and dance all the time, too?

When I told my daughter's I was going to try to start a blog, I received 2 different reactions, which was no surprise and both were not negative. M#2 knew that one topic I would like to feature is fashion and the what we may be wearing that day. Tonight, she asked me if I could take a picture of her wearing a pair of sunglasses she bought at Wet Seal. Of course, I obliged. So, tonight I introduce you to M#2:

No comments:

Post a Comment