Sunday, April 15, 2012

I Hate My Bath, DIY TV and Baths That I Love

The other day I decided to watch the DIY TV channel instead of HGTV. I am not a DIY'er or a Weekend Warrior by any means, but I still enjoy seeing what once was and what it can be and the steps that it took to get it that way. Several episodes of "I Hate My Bath" aired. It is just Ah-May-Zing! to see what can be done to obtain someone's dream out of a nightmare. I actually like my bathroom. The only thing I would change is to have a huge bathtub that I can take leisurely baths in. So by all accounts, I really don't hate my bath, but there are other baths that I love. Here are some bits and pieces of some bathrooms I love:

From kountrychicdesigns.blogspot.com

I love the colors lime green and hot pink together. Usually, bathrooms tend to have light colors for that relaxing, zen-like feel. But, I think this bathroom gives you a dose of stimulation in just the right amount, which is good when you are trying to get moving in the morning. I love how an old buffet has been re-furbished to fit the shabby-chich aesthetics of the bathroom.



From twocarolinanesters.blogspot.com

Now here is a bathroom that has the spa ambience. Less is more. I like the silver accents. I can see myself soaking in this tub until all my skin was one big prune. I also like the size and placement of the window. It gives you just the right amount of natural light but it's no too big so your neighbors won't get a peep show.


From pinkchocolatebreak.com

A workout at the gym would seem so much more worth it if I could reward myself with a bath in this tub afterwards. The tub, the tile, the light, the curtain. Need I say more?

From mainstreethouse.blogspot.com

I am partial to black cabinets and old world charm, so this bathroom is just right for me. The oval mirrors, the double sinks, the white trim and especially, the monogrammed plates...what's not to love?

What does your dream bathroom look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment