Thursday, March 22, 2012

Clothes, Motivation and Fur Babies

Today has been a busy day. Certainly a day of unexpected surprises.

First of all, this is what I wore today:
Top: Bebe
Jeans: Forever 21
Shoes: Gifted

I have done some thinking about my life today. I have had a lot taken from me in the past year and a half. One of my major losses was the loss of my job that I had for 12 years. I am having such a hard time finding a new job. I don't know why. I have come close to landing some great positions, but once I am in the home stretch, dissapointment ends up popping out of nowhere and I am left in the dust. My cousin's girlfriend posted this quote on her Facebook page that really reasonated with me and it's a quote I know I should be referring to during these tough times. It keeps me motivated. There are different ways to look at situations and the glass half-full mentally is certainly a better crutch to help you through the madness of life sometimes. Maybe this quote will help someone else. 

     "Dissapointments are God's way of saying, "I've got something better." Live life, be patient, have faith."

Very simple, but it packs a punch.

Before dinner, I took the girls to a pet store to buy our bunny Otis some new cage bedding. On the way to the store, I was telling Michaela that I felt bad for Otis because he is in his cage all day alone. I am doing my own thing throughout the day so I can't give him attention. Also, when I try to hold him my beagle Lilly wants to sniff him and  be right there. It's too much for me. I know Otis wants me to pay attention to him and it was too bad he didn't have a buddy to keep him company. So, what do I do? I end up buying another bunny! I think it's a good thing, but let me tell you, it has been a crazy evening!!!!  So now we have 2 bunnys and a beagle. And, can you believe this, my daughter's tried to talk me into buying another beagle! Can we say animal hoarder??? I would love another dog, but I need a bigger home with a yard. I don't want my home smelling like a barn! Jeesh!!!

Now we are a family of 6. 1 adult, 2 children and 3 fur babies. What a life!

.

  Meet Blake. Lilly is checking the new addition to our family out and he is checking out this odd animal he has never seen before.      

No comments:

Post a Comment