Saturday, March 24, 2012

Clothes, Easy A and my lil working girl

Outfit of the day:






Dress: JC Penney
Cardigan: Target

*I also wore black Jessica Simpson platform pumps, but after looking at the pic I took of the shoes, I didn't like it, so I'm not posting it. I am sure I will wear them again. :)

Yesterday, Marisa and I went to have dinner with my Mom. Before we went to her house, I had to drop Michaela off at work.  On Fridays, she ususally works until 9:30. It gives me plenty of time to have dinner together and then do have extra time to do whatever. My Mom had DVR'd a movie that she thought we could watch together. A movie that she was hoping we have never seen before. She said, "It has Emma Stone in it. It's an older movie and  Emma Stone paints. The movie she was referring to was Easy A. I don't think my Mom read the summary of the movie. For those of you who have not seen the movie, it's about a High School girl who gains a reputation for having sex for the 1st time, when in reality it was a lie she created. I had seen the movie before, so I knew the plot of the movie very well. Not a movie a Grandma would probably want to watch with her 12 year old grand-daughter. She seemed dissapointed because she thought she was doing something fun that we can share together. So, I caved a little and let her start the movie,  but Marisa was on her Ipod listening to music. She was in the room with us, but had earphones on and so was not really "there". It was 8pm when we started the movie. 10 minutes into it, Michaela sent me a text to tell me she was getting off of work and needed me to come get her. I felt bad that I had to leave my Mom earlier than I wanted to, but I did get out of watching that movie and have some awkward moments. I have to leave places or events early because I have to either drop Michaela or pick her up from work. I am frustrated sometimes, but I have to put it in the right perspective. My daughter has a good work ethic and I need to make sure that stays a part of her. I need to be supportive. She's my lil worker bee. :)

1 comment: