Saturday, November 26, 2011

November 27, 2011

Today I braved the day after Black Friday, which I like to call Wack Saturday. It was raining out, which makes IL drivers lose all sense of driving skills. Needless to say, because of this, trying to find a parking spot was like navigating through an obstacle course. After almost getting hit twice and M#1 almost getting hit once and getting soaked through the bone, even though we were using an umbrella, we made it into the store. I was on a mission to get a new power cord for my laptop. After 2 attempts at buying universal cords, which were supposed to be compatible with my computer but were not, I brought my laptop in and was bound and determined to make sure the cord fit before I spent any more money. So, here we are, M#1 and me, sitting on the floor among all the holiday shoppers, with my laptop out of the box and opened packages of universal cords scattered all over the place. We tried everyone Best Buy sold. And guess what? I still ended up empty handed. So, now my next step in my power cord journey is to go on the brands website and order one through them. This is probably what I should have done anyway.

My other purpose of going to BB was to buy M#2 a tablet for Christmas. I was there on Friday and there was a great deal on both an Acer tablet and a Blackberry tablet. I saw that BB had them in stock, but M#1 had to work and we didn't have the time to stand in line and buy it. Of course, when I went today to buy one of them they were all out. The more expensive ones were in stock. I would have loved to buy her one of them, especially the IPad, but dear ole' single mommy who is unemployed, could not make that dream come true. I ended up getting her a tablet at Hhgreg. yay! As long as she can get on Facebook and it has a web cam, she will be happy. Christmas gifts for M#2: check! Now, on to completing M#1's list....

So, this is what is making me happy today:
1. Cute...No, I do not yearn for another child. Raising 2 by myself is enough, but I sure do love seeing other mother's nurture their beautiful babies.

2. This is a delicatessen in Positano, Italy. I have yet to travel to Italy. I hope to be blessed one day to visit this deli. I can see myself drinking a glass of wine here and snacking on olives and cheese.

3. Fergie on the cover of Elle Magazine. I just adore the color of her hair. It's such a rich looking color. I also love the color of the dress. It compliments the color of her hair. It makes me want to eat some mint chocolate chip ice cream.

4. Glee! I love this show! One of my faves. The last episode had this great mash-up of 2 Adele songs. Luvs!!! The choreography was fabulous, too. There was also a Van Halen "Hot for Teacher" bit. Fantastic! The guys were hot!!!

5. The Nate Berkus show. He gives some great advice and is inspiring. Plus, he is such a doll.

6.
Late Night with Jimmy Fallon - Cupid's Arrow (11/21/11) - Video - NBC.com

This is a link to one VERY funny skit by Jimmy Fallon. This did more than just made me smile. I laughed my tushy off!

Fashion Tip of the day:
When you buy a jacket, skirt or coat that has a vent/slit on the back or sides, sometimes it has a loose “X” stitch holding the vent together. YOU NEED TO CUT AND REMOVE THIS THREAD!! It’s not meant to be left in place! It’s a temporary stitch intended to keep the vent from opening/creasing while the garment is hanging in the store.  FREE THE VENT!!

2 comments:

  1. I love watching mothers nurture their kids too. It's such a beautiful bond! Thanks for sharing your reasons to smile. made me smile too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post, love your tip of the day! :)

    fashionableroad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete